Apeks XL4 Ocea Octopus (with hose)
Apeks XL4 Ocea Octopus
The XL4 Ocea presents a new concept of regulator to the diving market. One that comes with the inherent build quality and performance shared by all Apeks regulators, but having the prime objective of being the first totally sustainably produced regulator available.
Every manufacturing detail has been considered and adjusted to ensure each material and process has been optimised in the pursuit of minimal environmental impact.
The Apeks partnership with PlasticBank, establishes the XL4 Ocea as the world's first ocean plastic negative regulator.
Ocea Features and Benefits
- Recycled polymers made from up to 70% post consumer waste (black components)
- Bioplastic plastic parts made from non petroleum based sources.
- Trivalent chrome plating uses less harmful chemicals and is kinder to the environment.
- Eco brass is lead free, easier to recycle and has a higher tensile strength than traditional brass.
Second Stage Description of the Ocea
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button. • Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
Not the regulator for you, then have a look at our other options and if you can not find what you are looking for contact us and let us help you find what you are looking for.