SSI Equipment Techniques
Do not miss a dive due to an equipment issue. Whether it is a blown o-ring, regulator problem, wetsuit tear or broken fin strap.
Be prepared for basic scuba equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you will encounter every day.
Diving Equipment YOUR Life Support system should be maintained, washed, dried and well looked after.. including regular servicing by a professional BUT there is SO much YOU can do.
The SSI Equipment Techniques program provides you with basic knowledge and skills needed to select equipment that meets your diving goals and needs, and how to clean, maintain, and store that equipment
Curiosity is probably key
- Have you ever wondered how your Scuba Cylinder is made?
- What is involved in testing the air produced by us
- Ever wondered what the inside of your regulator looks like?
- Do you know your equipment well enough to undertake basic issue resolution?
- Have you ever missed a dive because of an equipment issue?
- Generally interested in your dive equipment and the equipment that we use as divers
Then this course is for you. If you own any dive equipment then please feel free to bring along as we will use this in class to show you what you can and cannot do to maintain it in great and safe condition.
What Do I need to Start?
- Referral Diver if in-water training is included
- Minimum Age: 10 years old
What Will I do?
- Review the theory, principles and operation of scuba diving equipment via SSI elearning materials via the SSI app
- Gain simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new diving equipment to allow you to make the best purchasing choice for yourself
- You will also learn how your equipment works and about routine care and maintenance procedures - The more comfortable you are with it, the better performance you get from it and the better you care for it.
- Learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures and equipment storage
- Learn how to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- Be able to ask any servicing or testing questions
How long will it take?
Over and above the pre-read, the course is classroom based and is 1 day in length
Any Other costs?
Never be that customer who brings their equipment in for servicing and its full of salt, crusty and generally not happy. Go Diving and most importantly not miss a dive because something you could have done to resolve you did not know how!
Work towards your SSI Master Scuba Diver certification, this speciality counts as one fo the five required
Some Examples of what we have seen in servicing - do not be that person!
Red Sea Safari
Our team of highly experienced instructors will be on hand to guide you through every step of the way, and to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable diving experience.
Don't take our word for it
I cannot rate Dive Rutland high enough. Tracey, Bridget and all the team have shown me unending patience and understanding and I have got my open water certification. Thank you to you all for sharing your knowledge and tips. Can't wait to start my next course.
We are lucky to have a top notch Dive school on our doorstep in the form of Dive Rutland, My thanks to Bridget my instructor for her endless enthusiasm both in the theory and the practical applications of diving. Then to Tracey again for your skill and excellent support and for putting together a great community of divers who have helped and supported us.
Friendly, professional and committed to ensuring you get the best diving training and diving experiences, whilst upholding the highest of standards. Tracey and her team offer everything you need from newbie to experienced diver. Highly recommended.