XR Extended Range 45
XR Extended Range 45
The SSI Extended Range provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct limited decompression dives to a maximum depth of 45 meters, using decompression mixtures of up to 100% oxygen and specialized diving equipment and procedures, for a maximum accumulated decompression time of 25 minutes, with an equally-qualified dive buddy. Alternatively, the course can be completed using Trimix to reduce the effects of narcosis.
- Certification Prerequisites: Deep Diving and Enriched Air Nitrox 40% certification
- Have logged at least 50 dives or be certified in Extended Range Nitrox Diving.
- Open Water Dives: 3 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 45 meters
- Suggested Duration: 18 hours
All dives must be completed using one of the following configurations:
- A complete recreational Total Diving System, appropriate for a single gas switch, non-accelerated decompression diving. One stage cylinder and stage regulator, oxygen cleaned as required or,
- A complete recreational Sidemount Total Diving System, appropriate for a single gas switch, non-accelerated decompression diving.
- One stage cylinder and stage regulator, oxygen cleaned as required.
We will complete a day's academic development classroom session. You must complete an Extended Range Diving final exam with a passing score of 80% and the Extended Range Trimix Exam with 80% if qualifying with Trimix. Be able to independently plan a full dive plan using the Extended Range Dive Planning sheet.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
The first two open water training dives must be conducted at depths no deeper than 30 meters. The third and fourth training dives must be conducted at depths between 30m and 40m.
One dive must be to a minimum of 40m for certification.
How it works:
- Academic Development: You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your online theory.
- You will have one day scheduled for in person classroom and equipment configurations
- One pool session for the swim test and development of trim, buoyancy, and propulsion
- Three Days in Open Water
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the first part of the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and development of trim, buoyancy, and propulsion. 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with further an academic development session to be scheduled. Thorough de-briefing and feedback will be given at the end of each day.
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent your kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included (if required) but entry to open water sites is not included
- All consumables (nitrox and trimix) are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
- All courses are performance based, if you require additional dives to complete the program these may be at an additional cost.
Extended Range (with or without Trimix) certification entitles the holder to dive using specialised diving equipment and procedures to depths of up to 45m and requiring staged decompression stops of no longer than 25 minutes, providing that dives are conducted in environments similar to those of the diver's training and experience.