PADI Full Face Mask Speciality
The PADI Full Face Mask Speciality provides the diver with the basic safety, technical and practical knowledge necessary to be a competent full face mask diver and feel comfortable about using a Full Face Mask System
Here at Dive Rutland you will be trained on an Ocean Reef Full Face Mask.
This course introduces you to the Ocean Reef Integrated Diving Mask and the range of Full Face Masks within the Ocean Reef Range, the benefits of diving with the mask, a confined water session and two open water dives.
Here are a few benefits of diving in an Ocean Reef Integrated Diving Mask
- It has crystal clear vision and never fogs up – it’s like seeing in HD compared to a normal mask
- It has a large field of vision of about 100 degrees, more than nearly every standard mask on the market
- It never leaks
- You can breath through your nose which makes diving feel more natural as this is how we normally breath
- No Jaw Fatigue
- It’s great for people who feel claustrophobic in a normal mask
- You can add underwater communication system to it which is not only fun but adds extra safety to your dive
- You look cool – like a TV presenter or fighter pilot
- They’re excellent in icy cold water as less water touches your face
So, whether you have been diving for years or just earned your diving qualification, common goals unite all divers - safety, comfort, and of course, adventure, just to name a few. You depend upon yourW dive gear to help you reach these goals each time you dive.An Ocean Reef Full Face Mask could be just the piece of gear you need to enhance your future diving adventures.
Professionals use Integrated Diving Masks because they offer extra protection when diving in extreme conditions, and until recently Integrated Diving Masks were only available to these divers. However, user-friendly design and affordable prices have made the Ocean Reef Integrated Diving Mask systems accessible for all divers.
Today, lack of awareness is all that stands between a recreational diver and an Ocean Reef Integrated Diving Mask.
This Speciality certification also counts as one of the five Speciality certifications required for your Master Scuba Diver certification
What Do I need to get started on the PADI Full Face Mask Speciality?
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organisation)
- 12 years or older for this course
- Conventional dive mask
- Dive computer for the open water dives
What Will I do?
During a classroom theory session you will learn:-
- The history and background to Full Face Masks
- What is the Ocean Reef Integrated Diving Mask System
- What are the various parts
- How to breathe using a Integrated Diving Mask
- How to set up the Ocean Reef Integrated Diving Mask
- What to do in the event of various failures
- How to clean and maintain
During a confined water session you will learn:-
- Pre-Dive preparation and setup
- Putting on the Ocean Reef Integrated Diving Mask with and without a hood
- All about the various positions of diving and how to adjust the mask
- Partial and full flood mask techniques
- Removal and Replacement techniques (safety drill)
Complete two open water dives using the Full Face Mask.
How Long will this course take?
- The course is conducted as follows:-
- One session of theory during which you will be fitted for a Full Face Mask
- One confined water session to practice the new skills for Ocean Reef Integrated Diving Mask diving
- One day spent doing a minimum of 2 training dives
Any Other Costs?
Not included is the Entrance fees for open water site and personal travel costs
Can I complete a Try Dive?
Of course - we run a one pool session experience to allow you to try out diving in a Full Face Mask prior to committing to the full course.